Saturday, September 22, 2012

Pumpkin Pie



Happy Fall Ya'll!  It has cooled off nicely and there is a nip in the air....and a PIE in the oven!

Pumpkin pie is one of the lowest calorie desserts you can make and yes (sadly) I'm back on the calorie counter so I'm trying to be a good girl this weekend (at least calorically :~)!

1 can Libby's Pumpkin Pie Mix (make sure it is the MIX - not just the plain pumpkin)
2 eggs
2/3 cup evaporated milk
2 frozen pie crusts
1 small container of Cool Whip
pumpkin pie spice (just to garnish)

Yep, it's THAT simple!  I am a busy woman and I don't have time to fret with a dozen ingredients.  The simpler, the better!

Mix the pumpkin pie mix with the eggs and evaporated milk.  Pour mix into pie shells.  I take aluminum foil and cover the edges of my pie crusts to keep it from over baking.  You may have those fancy pie crust covers from a kitchen shoppe but aluminum foil works exactly the same.

Bake in a 400* oven for 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350* for another 40 or so minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  I check mine at 30 minutes and remove the aluminum foil from the crusts.  They brown up nicely in those last few minutes.  Your total cooking will be close to an hour. This recipe makes a pie for you and one to share!

I top mine with a dollop of Cool Whip and if I've got my fancy pants on, I might even sprinkle it with a dash of pumpkin pie spice to impress my husband!  If it's just me...I can't wait that long and just dig right in! 

No comments:

Post a Comment