Thursday, September 13, 2012

Cookies and Cream Cupcakes



This will make your house smell heavenly!

1 Box White Cake Mix
1 Package of Chocolate Sandwich Cookies (generic is fine)
2 Cans of Prepared White Cake Frosting
Foil Lined Cupcake Liners
4 Eggs
1/3 Cup Canola Oil
1 Cup Water
Baker's Secret Baking Spray
Muffin Tin

You'll need to crush the cookies, I use a gallon zip lock bag and a small baseball bat.  It's cheaper than therapy and I hate cleaning up the food processor.  I'm pretty mighty with the bat so I double bag my cookies.  Squeeze all the air out, seal the bags - step out onto the patio, name those cookies after what frustrates you and whack away!  :)

Mix the white cake mix as directed.  I use whole eggs but you may choose to use the whites only if you prefer. When the batter is ready, add 1 cup of smashed cookies (I usually add twice that as I like a LOT of cookie in mine.)  Some add a whole cookie to the bottom then 1 cup of bits.  You do what suits you best.

Place the cupcake liners in the muffin tin.  I really prefer foil lined as they make your cupcakes come out so beautifully.  I spray each liner very lightly with a spritz of Baker's Secret Baking Spray. Fill cups 2/3 full of batter.  Bake at 350* for 15 - 17 minutes or until the centers are set.  Don't over bake, your cupcakes will be dry and crumbly.

Remove cupcakes form the baking tin and cool completely on a wire rack.  Whip the canned frosting to make it fluffier.  I whip mine right in the container, it makes one less thing to clean up.  Frost the cupcakes and garnish with remaining cookie bits.  These do not have to be refrigerated.  They are very pretty in presentation and are especially addictive!

No comments:

Post a Comment