I've been challenged for something to serve for a ladies wine pairing....NEVER challenge the Queen! Fruit and grapes (okay, wine but same thing:)!
I might omit the marshmallows and butter but would add toffee chips for sure maybe even pretzels - love a sweet and salty combo! You can dib and dab, mix and match to your heart's content!
- 4 large Granny Smith apples, sliced
- 35 large marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter
- 35 caramels
- 1 Tbsp evaporated milk (or half and half)
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet morsels
- 2 Tbsp chocolate syrup
- Slice apples and arrange on platter.
- In saucepan, melt marshmallows and butter until creamy. Set aside.
- In microwave dish, melt caramels with milk (cooking in 30 second intervals, and stirring). Set aside.
- Pour marshmallow cream over apple slices, followed by caramel sauce. Drizzle chocolate syrup and sprinkle with peanuts and mini chocolate morsels. Serve immediately and enjoy!