Sunday, December 16, 2012

Peanut Brittle


I made something new this morning!  If I'd have know it was this easy - I'd have made this LONG AGO!  One dish, no clean up and microwave!  How incredibly easy!

1 cup sugar
1 cup cocktail peanuts (no skins)
1/2 cup light Karo Syrup
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 Tablespoon melted butter
1 teaspoon baking soda

Place foil on a cookie sheet. Liberally grease the foil with butter, set aside.

Combine the peanuts, sugar, Karo syrup, and salt in a microwave safe container. Microwave on high for 3 minutes, stir once, then cook another 2  minutes. Add the butter and vanilla and baking soda, stir well and pour onto prepared cookie sheet. Let cool and break into pieces.

Hints:  Use a plastic microwave bowl that you don't want to keep (get a cheap one at the Dollar Store or use one that is discolored from a pasta past) and use a wooden spoon that you don't care to keep.  This is very sticky and I did not even attempt to clean the dish.  I'll sacrifice a 3/$1 bowl and a .25 cent spoon!  I don't think NASA could have cleaned them!

No comments:

Post a Comment