Monday, November 19, 2012

Baked Tacos



This is my twist on a recipe that I saw on Pinterest (yes, I have a minor addiction to that application but I do make the things that I pin - well....mostly)!  I didn't think that there would be any big taste difference from regular tacos but I was wrong.  These were excellent and much tastier!  I'll definitely be making these more often!

1 lb gound beef
1 can refried beans (fat free)
12 white corn hard taco shells
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
1 cup taco sauce (brand of your choice)
2 cups shredded lettuce
1/3 cup sour cream
tomatoes or avacodo slices (optional)

Brown and drain ground beef.  Add shells in a 9x13 baking dish, all open side up.  Stir refried beans (you may omit these if you truly don't care for them) and add 1 teaspoon to the bottom of each shell.  Add with approximately 2 tablespoons of ground beef to each shell, pour taco sauce (I like Ortega Mild) or even salsa if you prefer over each shell.  Top with shredded cheese and slide the dish into a 350* oven for 15 minutes (or until heated thru and the cheese is melted).

Add tacos to your serving plate, top with lettuce, sour cream and tomatoes or avacodo slices (even olives might be good)...add what you like, omit what you don't. 

I think that the difference is that the tacos are hot all the way thru and that melted cheese is extra good.  We really loved the difference that baking them made!  The entire process took a 40 minutes from the moment I walked in tonight until there were forks ready to eat!  Great convenient dish for a busy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment