Saturday, February 4, 2017

Hot Crockin' Corn Dip



I've seen a lot of variations on this dip, Cowboy Dip, Dixie Caviar and just plain Cheesy Corn Dip but I think they are all pretty close to the same thing.  I'll warn you this.....this tastes better than it looks.  I'll be honest and give the photo credit to Pinterest as I'm not making this until tomorrow and I wanted to share the recipe with you today so that you can make it too! I'm down to my last jar of corn salsa and a lady just has to "make do" sometimes!

You'll Need:

1 pint Spicy Corn Relish
2 bars of Cream Cheese
2 cups of Shredded Cheese (Coly, Jack or a blend of both)
1 can of Rotel (mild or spicy)

Brace yourself, here's where this gets hard!  Mix everything together in your crock pot and turn it on!  When everything melts, Serve with Fritos or Tortilla chips!  Voila!

Now if you are crock pot challenged (how can that be?) or if you don't have one (bless your heart!) you could bake this in a casserole dish at 350* for 25 - 30 minutes.  Just keep an eye on it so it doesn't over cook.  You want it golden on top but not crispy.

This is seriously one of the yummiest things I've had in a long time.  I got my corn relish at a local gourmet shop - it's Stone Wall Kitchen Spicy Corn Relish. Target has some good brands of Corn Relish too and I'm sure your grocer has some options. I found this as a sample item on Shop Local Saturday and I kept circling back around the goodie table to this tasty  treat. 

I have absolutely zero interest in this year's Superbowl game but I can't wait to throw the party!  Ya'll enjoy, I gotta get this house decorated! 

No comments:

Post a Comment