Friday, January 1, 2016

Cabbage Steaks


Happy New Year Ya'll!

You know that New Years day requires pork, black eyed peas and cabbage...those are the rules here in the South.  The Hubs loves cooked cabbage and I try to please, so today I took a venture into Cabbage Steaks!

Man what a success!  I've never even tasted cooked cabbage until today - I am now a convert!

You'll need:
1 head green cabbage (wash, drain and slice into 1inch steaks)
1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive
1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1/2 tsp fresh ground sea salt
1/2 tsp onion flakes
1/2 tsp garlic flakes
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes

You'll use half your seasonings on one side then use the remainder when you flip your steaks - except for the red pepper - one sprinkle was enough for me!

Spray a baking pan and lay your cabbage on the pan, drizzle with Olive oil (I used as little as possible).  Season with salt, black pepper, onion and garlic then add just a pinch of red pepper flakes - a little of those go a looong way!

Bake at 400* for 20 minutes.  Flip (very carefully) then sprinkled the up side with the other half salt, black pepper, onion and garlic. Return to oven for another 10 - 12 minutes.

This made four steaks for us and they are all gone!  I tried something New and loved it!  I hope you do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment